Chicken breast recipes are ideal for any family meal; however, when it comes to family holidays like Christmas, you cannot beat the taste of these stuffed and boneless simple fried chicken breast recipe. Check out our breast chicken recipe below, and you will be begging for a holiday to come each day of the year.
What You Need
- six split chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- a cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Ground black pepper freshly ground
- Line a big baking sheet with a foil and put a wire rack on it.
- Dust the chicken breasts with a freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- In a shallow bowl or food storage bag, mix the baking powder, pepper, salt and shake to blend. Place the pieces of chicken in the flour mixture and mix gently until it’s well coated.
- Put the chicken on a big platter or oven and put it over medium heat. Cover and refrigerate it for 2-4 hours.
- Transfer at least 1 ½ inches of vegetable oil in the deep skillet or oven and put it over medium heat. Then, heat the oil to at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check the tips provided below if you do not have a deep-fry thermometer.
- Put chicken in hot oil. If chicken pieces are browning well and warm, lower your heat to medium-low. Continue cooking for 8-12 minutes on every side or until it’s well browned, and the juices run clear whenever pierced with a fork. (Make sure to check the temperature via instant-read food thermometer to be specific. In case you didn’t know yet, the minimum safe temperature for a chicken is 165 degrees Celsius.) Typically, a boneless chicken breast will take approximately half the time.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to your pan with the rack and tent lightly with foil if you more to fry.
- For the gravy, transfer all but 3 tbsp. of drippings from the pan and run it over medium heat. Then add 3 tbsp. of flour and mix, grating the dregs from the bottom of your pan, for at least 2 minutes. Combine ½ cups of heavy cream and 2 ½ cups of milk. Bring to a boil and cook, mixing, only until smooth and thickened. Taste and add pepper and salt, as needed.
Tips from Expert
If you don’t have a deep-fry thermometer at home, you can use the bread cube method. Drop a small inch cube of bread in the oil. This will brown out in a minute once the oil is at the right temperature. More tips are available here.
Choose Chicken Breast
Every time you are choosing for a whole chicken, search for a well-shaped chicken with a rounded and plump breast. You can determine the approximate age of a chicken by just pressing against its breastbone. If it’s pliable, the bird is young and has tender meat. Its parts must be plump and moist. Get more tips on how to buy chicken.
Side Dish to Come With
You can serve the chicken together with mashed potatoes, buttermilk biscuits, smashed garlic potatoes as well as green beans or other green vegetables.
This simple fried chicken breast is an ideal option if you are looking for an easy and great-tasting fried chicken recipe for bone-in or boneless chicken breasts. What do you think? Share your thoughts with us by commenting below!